This English translation is provided for convenience purposes only. The Japanese version of this document shall be regarded as the official version. In the event of a dispute, the Japanese language version shall prevail.
- Definitions of Personal Information and Other Terms
- “Personal information” as used in this Policy means personal information defined in Article 2, paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act, that is to say, information about a living individual which falls under any of the following:
- Information which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual); or
- Information which contains personal identification codes.
- “Personal data” as used in this Policy means personal information constituting a personal information database, etc.
- “Personal data in our possession” as used in this Policy means such personal data over which we have the authority to disclose, to correct, add or delete the content, to discontinue its utilization, to erase, and to discontinue its provision to a third party, excluding the data which is specified by a Cabinet Order as harming public or other interests if its presence or absence is known or the data which will be erased within six months.
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services;
- To provide news and information about our or our related companies’ products, services, various campaigns and events;
- To notify any change to this Policy and other terms and rules, and to our products and services;
- To respond to your inquiries, report your service usage, communicate with you in emergency situations, and provide other customer support;
- To make necessary communication about maintenance support for our services and other important news and/or information;
- To verify your identity or the identity of your agent;
- To conduct questionnaires, market surveys and marketing activities, and distribute advertisements;
- To improve, plan and develop our products and services;
- To exercise and perform our contractual or statutory rights and obligations; and
- Other purposes incidental to the foregoing purposes of use.
- Change to Purposes of Use of Personal Information
When we change a purpose of use of personal information, we will not change it beyond the extent reasonably deemed as considerably relevant to the purpose of use before the change, and will notify you of the changed purpose of use or make it publicly available.
- Method of Collecting Personal Information
We will collect personal information by appropriate means, and not by fraudulent or other illegal means.
- Restrictions on Use of Personal Information
We will not handle your personal information beyond the scope required to achieve the purposes of use without your prior consent except where such handling:
- is required by applicable laws and regulations;
- is necessary for the protection of people’s lives, health or property, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- is required to cooperate with affairs prescribed by applicable laws and regulations that are performed by national or local authorities, or any person entrusted by such authorities, and seeking your consent is likely to hinder such performance;.
- Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not provide your personal data to any third party without your prior consent except where:
- such provision is required by applicable law or regulation;
- such provision is necessary for the protection of people’s lives, safety or property, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- such provision is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- such provision is required to cooperate with affairs prescribed by applicable laws and regulations that are performed by national or local authorities, or any person entrusted by such authorities, and seeking your consent is likely to hinder such performance;
- we entrust all or part of handling personal data to an external service provider within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use of personal data (in which case, we select a service provider who has appropriate security management measures in place, and execute an appropriate service agreement with the service provider); or
- personal data is provided as a result of the succession of our business due to a merger, company split, transfer of business or otherwise.
- Personal Information Security Management
We will take appropriate security management measures to prevent loss, tampering, leakage or the like of your personal information. We will also educate all of our officers and employees who handle your personal information on the importance of protecting personal information, and if we entrust your personal information to a service provider, we will exercise appropriate supervision over such service provider.
- Disclosure, etc. of Personal Data in Our Possession
If you make a request for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of your personal data in our possession (“disclosure, etc.”), we will respond to the request without delay after we confirm you made the request unless we are not required to do so by the Personal Information Protection Act or any other applicable law or regulation. If we decide not to make disclosure, etc., we will inform you of such decision without delay. If you wish to make a request for disclosure, etc., please contact us at the contact point described in Clause 10.
- Use of Cookie
We may collect and use your cookies and other information to improve our services for you. You can disable cookies by changing your web browser settings, in which case, however, you may no longer be able to use all the functionalities of our services.
- Contact for Inquiries
If you have any requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information, comments, questions, complaints or other inquiries about our handling of personal information, please contact us at the contact point described below:
Contact for inquiries about personal information:
1-16-6 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001
We will from time to time review how personal information is handled, in an effort towards continuous improvement, and may change this Policy as necessary. When changing this Policy, we will notify the details of such change or make them publicly available on our website.
Established on October 13, 2020